- In general permits are not required for garage door installation unless we are changing a major structural aspect of the building. This would be the case in some instances where we alter the size of the garage door opening. Mynt is happy to assist you with the permitting process if needed.
- Opening must be correct size (for new construction ask before framing if unsure)
- Framing lumber around door opening must be in good shape and there must be 1 continuous plane around entire door
- Vehicle access to front of garage is preferred. If there are things in front of door please let us know ahead of time
- A source of power must be within 50' of garage. If no power is available please let us know prior to the day of installation.
- Inside of garage must be cleared a minimum of 12 feet back and 1 foot on either side of the door
- We must install the door level, we are not responsible for the aesthetics or poor weather sealing related to crooked jambs or uneven concrete.
- If your concrete is extremely uneven you might need to have your slab lifted. We are happy to refer you to a quality mud jacking company.
- We do not require the homeowner to be home during installation however we do need to be able to get into the garage. You can either leave a man-door unlocked, or release your garage door opener by pulling down on the red cord hanging from the rail. Also some exterior entry keypads allow you to create a temporary pin code for situations like this.
- For liability reasons we prefer that the homeowner does not assist us with our work. Our employees are fully insured but our insurance does not cover the homeowner should anything happen. We are also paid on a piece work basis and usually "help" slows down our progress. We do not have a problem with the homeowner watching from a distance as we have found that many people are very interested in learning how a garage door is properly installed. We have no problem sharing our expertise and answering questions.
Any extra work that is required as a result of any of these conditions not being met will be billed to the customer at a rate of $80/hr. This includes any adjustments needed for improperly mounted existing openers. 90% of jobs do not require any extra work and the ones that do usually require less than 30 minutes. We will attempt to notify the customer prior to commencing any extra work.
MYNT Custom Creations Inc. - 5008 49th Ave, Forestburg, Alberta, 780-266-2469